The 2015 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) spans a five-year planning period, from 2015-2019. In 2019 there will be a major update resulting in a new plan. In the interim, each year the CEDS goes through a maintenance update cycle, where updates are made as needed. This can include changes to poulation statistics and economic conditions, formatting and typographical corrections, and adjustments to goals and strategies.
This 2017 Update includes the following changes:
- Updates to information pertaining to new Enterprise Zones
- New population graphs
- Updates to information about the labor force and unemployment
- Updates to charts outling industries in the District
- Changes to taxable sales chart
- Updates and changes to the Regional Dashboard
- Adjustments and additions to the Implementation Strategies
You can download the current update to the CEDS here:
For more information, please visit www.sovaeconomy.com - a website devoted to Southern Virginia's economy and the CEDS document and planning process.
This CEDS presents the overall comprehensive planning and action process engaged in by the Southside Planning District Commission. Approval of this document by the US Economic Development Administration (EDA) establishes the Southside Planning District's eligibility for EDA financial assistance. In addition, this document provides an evaluation of economic conditions, which is useful in making future development decisions.
The 2015-2019 CEDS was adopted on April 24, 2015 by the Southside Planning District Commission.